Home » Photos » Paramount Theatre ~ Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Paramount Theatre ~ Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Paramount Theatre ~ Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Built by A.H. Blank of Des Moines, this theater opened as the Capitol Theatre on September 1, 1928, with 1,945 seats. It featured vaudeville, movies, and a mighty Wurlitzer organ. The half-block long lobby includes a Hall of Mirrors, which leads to a grand staircase. The lobby was patterned after the Hall of Mirrors in the Palace of Versailles in France. A year after opening, the theater was sold to Paramount Studios and renamed the Paramount Theatre.
cinematreasures.org/theater/1184/
NRHP #76000778

(read more)

Photo taken @ Cedar Rapids on 29 August 2003 (© Onasill ~ Bill Badzo - 66M / Flickr)

Related tags :
 cedar, rapids, iw, iowa, marquee, ticket, booth, light, fixture, theatre, theater, cinema, movie, house, nrhp, paramount, historic, landmark, register, onasill
 

Theatre Photos