Chiwa is a city of approximately 50,000 people located in Xorazm Region, Uzbekistan. According to archaeological data, the city was established in the beginning of the Christian era. It is the former capital of Khwarezmia and the Khanate of Chiwa. Itchan Kala in Khiva was the first site in Uzbekistan to be inscribed in the World Heritage List (1991).
The Islom-Hoja Minaret at Khiva is the tallest, 57m tall minaret, in Uzbekistan. Most of Chiwa's monuments are hundreds of years younger than those in Bukhara and Samarkand.
Islam-Hoja Minaret was built in 1908 by Islam-Hoja of the Prime Minister of Khan. The minaret is a symbol of the country, is an early example of the architecture of the XIV century. The construction was completed in 1910. The tapered shape makes up more slender minaret and strength. The famous Kalyan Minaret is inferior to the height of Islam-Khoja Minaret. Its height is 56 meters and a base diameter is 9.5 meters. Trunk of the minaret is made of bricks, decorated with white and blue tiles made of glazed ceramic.
Islam-Khoja Minaret is the tallest structure in Khiva, visible from anywhere in the city. After rising to the top of the minaret, you will see the most beautiful panorama of the eastern fairy tale city Khiva.