Bei'Kyo-Class Cruiser, the Jyu'Kyo, as seen in South Pyumon Fleet Livery, during transport to the South Pyumon Island Chain of Puysla. Taken from the deck of the
The flagship of the early Manqing Navy, the Bei'Kyo-Class of Protected Cruisers were the heaviest ships commissioned before the No'Yuan-Class of Ironclads. Boasting a powerful armament of ten 8" guns [a much improved and refined design based on the previous Model 1886 8" Gun as used on the Pei'Xin-Class], six of which are in open broadside barbettes and four are stationed in dual-gun turrets, as well as seven 3" guns, and two traversable torpedo tubes rear-mounted. It also features a very odd propeller arrangement, which was found to be the only way to reach the navy's required commission speed of 25 Knots. However, its development was mishandled by corrupt and uncaring officials, delaying development of the fully armored version and increasing the total cost of construction.