Banja Koviljača (Cyrillic Бања Ковиљача) is a spa town in western Serbia. It lies on the border with Bosnia and Herzegovina, which is formed here by the river Drina, below the 770 m high mountain Gučevo in the municipality Loznica. Banja Koviljača has about 5,500 inhabitants.
Park Banja Koviljaca
Roman stone above Banja Koviljaca, Koviljkin grad
The place Koviljača (in the Serbian "strengthening healing grass") was raised on August 1, 1898 by decree of the Serbian government to the Royal bath called "Banja Koviljača" with the provision to establish appropriate facilities and spa buildings. These measures were carried out mainly in the period between 1920 and 1930 - delayed by the Balkan wars and the First World War. Prior to this name, the village was called "Koviljkin grad" and was already before the Roman era, a sought-after spa town.