Accueil » Photos » Courtyard in the castle Halbturn

Courtyard in the castle Halbturn

Courtyard in the castle Halbturn

The Halbturn Castle is a baroque palace complex in Halbturn in the Burgenland district of Neusiedl am See, east of Lake Neusiedl.

story
The castle was built between 1701 and 1711 by Johann Lucas von Hildebrandt as a hunting lodge for Emperor Karl VI. built. Under his daughter Maria Theresia it was rebuilt by the court architect Franz Anton Hillebrandt and became the summer residence of Albert of Saxe-Teschen and Archduchess Marie Christine as governor in Hungary. The frescoes by Franz Anton Maulbertsch, including the ceiling fresco "Allegory of Time and Light", which was made as a wedding gift for Archduchess Marie Christine in 1765, date from this period.

(plus d'infos...)

Photo prise le 10 septembre 2018 (© a7m2 / Flickr)

Voir aussi :
 halbturn, schloss, castle, palace, travel, tourismus, besucher, kunst, events, veranstaltungen, austria, burgenland, neusiedl, culture, history, johann-lucas-von-hildebrandt, hofarchitekt, barocke-schlossanlage, jagdschloss, emperor-karl-vi
 

Photos Halbturn