Home » Photos » The Marian column and the parish church

The Marian column and the parish church

The Marian column and the parish church

The Mariensäule and the parish church in Hainburg

One of the most beautiful rococo columns in Lower Austria was built in 1749. The Marian column was donated by Elisabeth Oppitz. The four pages show reliefs that depict scenes from the life of Mary.

The parish church

Documented in 1236 as "Jakobskirche am Marktplatz in Hainburg". In the beginning it was a classic dealer church. It served merchants as a place of worship and treasure. Since 1650 at the latest, this church has been the parish church (and no longer the Martinskirche). The church is dedicated to the Holy Apostles Philip and James. Was rebuilt after 1683 in the new Baroque style.

(read more)

Photo taken @ H on 19 May 2020 (© a7m2 / Flickr)

Related tags :
 hainburg, danau, rococo-columns, lower-austria, marian-column, parish-church, baroque-style, culture, travel, tourismus, religion, glaube, belief
 

Hainburg Photos