Home » Photos » The Building of the Faculty of Arts of Szeged University, No...

The Building of the Faculty of Arts of Szeged University, North-East View

The Building of the Faculty of Arts of Szeged University, North-East View

The building was originally raised for Hungarian Railways as the Central Accountant Headquarters, it housed 120 two-window and 51 one-window offices and 8 complete flats. Original Neo-Romanesque style designs were made by István Ottovay and Imre Winkler in 1911, the building was completed in August, 1912.

In 1925 it was given to the then recently established Szeged university basically transported from Cluj, Romania after WWI. In 1930 the building was partially converted by Béla Rerrich, a half-sphere shaped Auditorium Maximum for an audience of 260 was added (see it from the south-west view). It serves nowadays as the home of the Faculty of Arts of the Szeged University, though some smaller sections of Faculty of Natural Sciences are also located in the building. Also see the north-west view.

(read more)

Photo taken @ Szeged on 1 April 2018 (© Istvan / Flickr)

Related tags :
 szeged, university, building, faculty of arts, ottovay istván, winkler imre, rerrich béla, on the corner, corner, architecture, early spring, outdoor, tree, road
 

Faculty Of Arts Photos