Accueil » Photos » Magistrates Court - 146 Horninglow Street, Burton upon Trent...

Magistrates Court - 146 Horninglow Street, Burton upon Trent

Magistrates Court - 146 Horninglow Street, Burton upon Trent

The Magistrates Court building seen at 146 Horninglow Street in Burton upon Trent. It is next to a police station and is opposite the National Brewery Centre.

Grade II listed building.

Magistrates Court, Burton

HORNINGLOW STREET
1. (North Side)
5369
Magistrates Court
SK 2423 SE 4/93

II

2.
1909-10. Architect, Henry Beck. English Baroque style. Ashlar. 2-storeyed
centre-piece having large semi-circular headed window with festooned and voluted
keyblock, and flanked by engaged Ionic columns and with an elaborate cartouche
at either side with the Arms of the former County Borough; egg-and-dart frieze;
modillion eaves cornice and elaborately carved parapet, the whole surmounted
by leaded drum and cupola. A lower wing set back at either side each with
3 windows in Gibbs-type surrounds and with balustraded parapet. Single-storeyed
wings to right and left each have a doorway in elaborately moulded surround
surmounted by a cartouche and with multi-panelled divided door.


Listing NGR: SK2497923427


This text is a legacy record and has not been updated since the building was originally listed. Details of the building may have changed in the intervening time. You should not rely on this listing as an accurate description of the building.

Source: English Heritage

Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.

(plus d'infos...)

Photo prise @ Burton upon Trent le 7 mai 2016 (© ell brown / Flickr)

Voir aussi :
 burton upon trent, burton-on-trent, east staffordshire, staffordshire, england, united kingdom, great britain, horninglow st, grade ii listed, grade ii listed building, magistrates court, 146 horninglow st, henry beck, english baroque style, ashlar, arms of the former county borough, dome, traffic light, lamppost, burton police station
 

Photos Dome