djibnet.com: Relationship Between Teachers And Their Students? - djibnet.com

Aller au contenu

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • Vous ne pouvez pas commencer un sujet
  • Vous ne pouvez pas répondre à ce sujet

Relationship Between Teachers And Their Students? how it should be in or outside the classroom? Noter : -----

#1 L'utilisateur est hors-ligne   king(1) Icône

• Membre Avancé
  • PipPip
Groupe :
Membres
Inscrit :
10-août 03
Interests:
Reading.

Posté 02 février 2006 - 09:21

two days ago I visited one of my friends. he is a teacher and it happened that some of his students were there in front of Salle de Profs! they wanted to talk to him and discuss maybe something that was related to their courses. anyway, I was astonished when the teacher frowned his face and starting shouting aloud, threatening the young students, telling them they did not have to come to this place because it was forbidden to do so by the students.
this incident remained another incident that took place a year when a teacher adviced me not to talk to my students or have any conversation outside the classroom! why? "because they will think you are their friend and they will not listen to you when you are in class" he added.
according to him a good teacher should be strong, he should have a strong personality to control the class and let his students obey orders and regulations.

some of our djib teachers believe this and therefore try to often avoid their students...............so do you think this is something normal?
in my opinion these teachers are qualitified to teach in the first place because they did not receive enough training especially in teaching approaches, psychology, and how they have to treat their students.

what do you thin? tell us how we can solve this problem.

thanks.

correction:
this incident remained me another incident that took place a year ago..
in my opnion these teachers are not qualified........................................
Better future for our kids.

#2 L'utilisateur est hors-ligne   Black-Mamba Icône

• Membre Avancé
  • PipPip
Groupe :
Membres
Inscrit :
21-janvier 06

Posté 03 février 2006 - 04:42

Voir le messageking(1), le Thursday 2 February 2006, 18:21, dit :

two days ago I visited one of my friends. he is a teacher and it happened that some of his students were there in front of Salle de Profs! they wanted to talk to him and discuss maybe something that was related to their courses. anyway, I was astonished when the teacher frowned his face and starting shouting aloud, threatening the young students, telling them they did not have to come to this place because it was forbidden to do so by the students.
this incident remained another incident that took place a year when a teacher adviced me not to talk to my students or have any conversation outside the classroom! why? "because they will think you are their friend and they will not listen to you when you are in class" he added.
according to him a good teacher should be strong, he should have a strong personality to control the class and let his students obey orders and regulations.

some of our djib teachers believe this and therefore try to often avoid their students...............so do you think this is something normal?
in my opinion these teachers are qualitified to teach in the first place because they did not receive enough training especially in teaching approaches, psychology, and how they have to treat their students.

thanks.

correction:
this incident remained me another incident that took place a year ago..
in my opnion these teachers are not qualified........................................

Hi,

You probably right. Not all teachers r like that, depends how they r self confident ( get me?). Here I have a tutor and I used to have teachers. We used to go eat together in restaurant sometimes, they even give us their home phone numbers and there r two way respect. I think it's a culture matter. Some of my friends who studied in Europe told me that teachers r too arrogant there!!

Anyway, don't feel bad and be serious in what you doing brotha.
1- If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?

2- People who think they know everything are particularly entertaining to those of us who really do.

#3 L'utilisateur est hors-ligne   Lola Icône

• Membre
  • Pip
Groupe :
Membres
Inscrit :
21-mars 05

Posté 03 février 2006 - 08:10

Citation

in my opnion these teachers are not qualified

They are qualified but their self-esteem is low..........A student is not going to disrespect u cos u talk to them on outside classes....That's b**** B) .........The teachers that have good relationship with the students are the once that are respect more and their classes are full...........Student go to class thinking that this lecture is great and we can talk to him/her ........

Citation

Tell ur colleagues to get off their high horses and treat student with respect, talk to them and ask them if they need help...They are some students that come from a brokenhomes and school or universities are their safe heaven................They are just arrogant and lack of communication.........Those things happen around the world B) .............U can even date ur lecture and get good marks if the subject is dull :P :P............ no offense King..........Just my opinion

Ce message a été modifié par Lola - 03 février 2006 - 08:11 .

#4 L'utilisateur est hors-ligne   Walane Icône

• Membre
  • Pip
Groupe :
Membres
Inscrit :
11-mai 03

Posté 03 février 2006 - 02:53

I am glad I am not teacher in europe.. I would have been in jail by now!
Disclaimer:
The message on this post reflects solely the opinions of the author who accept no responsibilities for any physical, emotional, moral, material or pyscholigical damage.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
God grant me the courage to change the things that I can control, the serenity to accept the things that I cannot control, and the wisdom to know the difference.

#5 L'utilisateur est hors-ligne   king(1) Icône

• Membre Avancé
  • PipPip
Groupe :
Membres
Inscrit :
10-août 03
Interests:
Reading.

Posté 03 février 2006 - 06:02

hi there!
I am in Djibouti and I am talking about some djib teachers(I cannot generalise because there are a lot of great teachers who know how to teach in a very excellent way..). these teachers are called never-smile educators among students because of their harsh treatment. by the way, it is true that some teachers never smile in class......etc.
I am sorry to say this but I ahve heard of teachers who even insult or physically their pupils in the primary schools in Djibouti and because of this I would like to call on the minister of National Education Mr. Abdi I. Absieh to investigate in these allegations..........

#6 L'utilisateur est hors-ligne   Lola Icône

• Membre
  • Pip
Groupe :
Membres
Inscrit :
21-mars 05

Posté 04 février 2006 - 02:26

Citation

by the way, it is true that some teachers never smile in class......etc.

:lol: U are exaggerating here :lol: ....Africans ppl laugh and laugh and laugh :lol: ....They don't smile :lol: that for the European B) .........And also if u want to excercise ur 54 muscles in ur faces B) .....Go for it and let us know how the investigation goes :)

#7 L'utilisateur est hors-ligne   king(1) Icône

• Membre Avancé
  • PipPip
Groupe :
Membres
Inscrit :
10-août 03
Interests:
Reading.

Posté 04 février 2006 - 08:31

hi lola,
did you say" we often laugh in djibouti"?
I disagree with you on that because djib people often smile rather than laughing. I do not know why but it is clear that this has something to do with nature and hard enviroment. it is this an unbearable desert and naked black and red hills from North to South that has taught djib nomads and then newly_city dwellers not to laugh aloud as other Africans. yes, we sometimes laugh but this cannot be generalised.
look at people whenever you meet them! you see they are smiling with reason or without reason because life has taught them that smiling is a good and ver effective tool to make nature less harsher or smoother in its whipping and burden_carrying.
it would be good if we tell our tourists about this.......right?

#8 L'utilisateur est hors-ligne   peach Icône

• Membre Avancé
  • PipPip
Groupe :
Membres
Inscrit :
27-mai 03

Posté 05 février 2006 - 11:25

j'ai toujours eu des profs et insituteurs ki m'ont gaté...

#9 L'utilisateur est hors-ligne   Black-Mamba Icône

• Membre Avancé
  • PipPip
Groupe :
Membres
Inscrit :
21-janvier 06

Posté 05 février 2006 - 11:29

Voir le messagepeach, le Sunday 5 February 2006, 8:25, dit :

Cause you probably cute !

2- People who think they know everything are particularly entertaining to those of us who really do.

#10 L'utilisateur est hors-ligne   peach Icône

• Membre Avancé
  • PipPip
Groupe :
Membres
Inscrit :
27-mai 03

Posté 06 février 2006 - 01:07

Voir le messageBlack-Mamba, le Sunday 5 February 2006, 9:29, dit :

Maybe,

En tout cas les profs et insituteurs même etrangers sont sympas a djibouti.....enfin de mon epoque.

#11 L'utilisateur est hors-ligne   mimi2005 Icône

• Membre Avancé
  • PipPip
Groupe :
Membres
Inscrit :
03-octobre 05

Posté 06 février 2006 - 07:19

[quote name='peach' date='Monday 6 February 2006, 10:07' post='52970']

Voir le messageBlack-Mamba, le Sunday 5 February 2006, 9:29, dit :

Maybe,

En tout cas les profs et insituteurs même etrangers sont sympas a djibouti.....enfin de mon epoque.
[/quot
cute n est pas la raison..un prof adore ses bons eleves,affreux ou mignons .meme s ils sont perturbateurs..
pourvu qu ils fassent avancer la lecon..and beleive me je parle en connaissance de cause
king les salles des profs sont interdites aux eleves..je ne sais comment ca se passe a djib..mais aux etats unis un eleve ne doit pas metre ses pieds dans ces salles car a tout moments les profs peuvent s echanger des infos sur leurs eleves que parents et autres eleves n ont pas a entendre..quand a devenir "ami" avec ses eleves,je crois que c est une bonne idee et cette relation aide l eleve a etre plus confortable a mieux participer aux activites de la classe a etre motive koi...mes eleves me rendaient visite. ils etaient invites souvent a mes petites fetes...j ai rendu visite a certains de mes eleves..ceux qui avaient des problemes a l ecole surtout...pour mieux comprendre leur situation...ils se confiaient a moi..un jour je me rappelle .. j ai toujours garde le contact avec mes anciens eleves..c est un plaisir d aider un adolecsent..a cet age ils sont en pleine crise d identite et les reconforter en les supportant des fois meme en les ecoutant tout simplement
My challenge is "making a difference in a child's life..once you get that..you have the feeling that earned more credits toward heaven...

#12 L'utilisateur est hors-ligne   Black-Mamba Icône

• Membre Avancé
  • PipPip
Groupe :
Membres
Inscrit :
21-janvier 06

Posté 06 février 2006 - 11:41

[/quot

king les salles des profs sont interdites aux eleves..je ne sais comment ca se passe a djib..mais aux etats unis un eleve ne doit pas metre ses pieds dans ces salles [/quote]

I think king wrote that student were waiting outside the teachers room !!

#13 L'utilisateur est hors-ligne   najma Icône

Groupe :
Membres
Inscrit :
04-décembre 04

Posté 07 février 2006 - 01:30

Overall, They (teachers) gotta do what they gotta do!!

R.E.S.P.E.C.T

:((

#14 L'utilisateur est hors-ligne   Lola Icône

• Membre
  • Pip
Groupe :
Membres
Inscrit :
21-mars 05

Posté 07 février 2006 - 08:43

King!
I didn't say never :lol: .They do smile and are friendly djiboutians ppl compare to certain countries ;) .........Tourists know all about Africa..........Some of them will ask u why african ppl are always happy and laughing.......About two yrs ago, I was watching Oprah and one stupid american dude move to South Africa........lol......the only reason was, he was filthy rich and unhappy.....he visited several african countries and discover that they are happy no matter what..they don't care about tomorrow...African live to the fullest so is Djiboutian folks........God bless Djiboutian ppl and Djibouti!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Citation

king les salles des profs sont interdites aux eleves..je ne sais comment ca se passe a djib..mais aux etats unis un eleve ne doit pas metre ses pieds dans ces salles

:D Mimi do not even bring american student and don't put them next to DJiboutian students B) ...Americans pupils cannot be trusted........They are young criminals :P .....The things that happen in the United States everyday will never occur in another country forget about DJibouti......It was last week that a young student in Florida accused her teacher (and she was lying)............She told her father that the teacher molested her and the dad didn't waste a time and went to school and punch the lecturer etc........Later on she confused that she was lying ;) .....Djiboutians kids or students can be trusted in everyway :)

#15 L'utilisateur est hors-ligne   king(1) Icône

• Membre Avancé
  • PipPip
Groupe :
Membres
Inscrit :
10-août 03
Interests:
Reading.

Posté 07 février 2006 - 12:19

Mimi2005,
I am really happy to hear you saying that you have a good relationship with your students outside the classroom because I believe that it is very important to make your students feel that you care about them…..and by helping them and giving them the opportunity to freely express their feelings without being afraid of becoming threatened by getting punished by their teacher whenever they ask a question or rise an issue.....it is not a matter of teaching uninteresting grammatical rules or plain symbols of Mathematics like what is the value of X in 4 + X = 10!
It is a matter of teaching, educating, guiding and providing necessary help whenever and wherever it is needed in or outside the classroom.
Having a good and strong personality does not contradict with being a good teacher who has got respectful and truly modernised views about his students as it is in your case.
Well done ! Mimi2005…. We are proud of you.

Yes, brother, black-mamba,
Those students were standing in front of the Salle of Profs……………..

Lola! Always challenging with new ideas and visions
Now you've begun another episode of your HAVE YOUR SAY No matter whether it is illogical or not…………you compare America with Djibouti………and American Students with Djib Ones…what a justice!
Look! Sis it is unfair to argue that our students can compete with their students in America because my students need someone who pay fees for their textebooks whereas in America each can get a whole library for himself……you see!

B)

Partager ce sujet :

• (3 Pages)
  • +