• Vous ne pouvez pas répondre à ce sujet

How Lucky - where you live Noter : -----

#1 L'utilisateur est hors-ligne   Hayat Icône

Groupe :
Membres
Inscrit :
01-septembre 03

Posté 11 octobre 2003 - 01:57

First of all, I apologize for writing this in english. this is only because I can write better in english then in french.

This message is for all the Djiboutiens as well as all the people who live in their home country.

As a Djboutien who lives in a foreign land and who has never been able to live in my home country I just want to say that I envy those who do. I live amonst people who don't share the same cultural beliefs, values, as well as in religion. These people who I live amongst do respect our differences as I do theirs. However, because we don't share the same similarities it is so much harder to not change. I forgot how to speak somalian, reade or write in somalian, how to speak french (because we converse in english at home). Also, I don't even know almost anything about my home country, the music, and the culture. How will I be able to teach my children about our tradition, and language about Djibouti if I don"t even know anything about it. I do make an effort to know about Djibouti and what not but it's not the same. Do you know how scary to just think about being buried in a foreign land instead of the land where my family was buried?

If you only knew how lucky you are.

#2 L'utilisateur est hors-ligne   Somali_psycho Icône

• Membre Avancé
  • PipPip
Groupe :
Membres
Inscrit :
13-mai 03

Posté 11 octobre 2003 - 03:17

don't worry sister we are all on the same boat.....enjoy the wave when you can.

PS: go back home for holidays if you can...trust me it gonna be an eye opener.

meanwhile be strong and god bless you
"Try and be a sheet of paper with nothing on it. Be a spot of ground where nothing is growing, where something might be planted, a seed, possibly from the Absolute." J. Rumi

#3 L'utilisateur est hors-ligne   DMX Icône

• Membre
  • Pip
Groupe :
Membres
Inscrit :
12-mai 03

Icône du message  Posté 19 octobre 2003 - 04:49

I think that psycho is right the best thing to do is to go for holidays and stay as much as u can and learn as much as can too and believe me u will be surprised how easy it is. I know a lot of people who were in the same condition and now they know verything just because then went there.
so goog luck sis. ;)

Partager ce sujet :

Page 1 sur 1