Groupe :
Membres
Inscrit :
10-août 03
Interests:
Reading.

Posté 18 mars 2012 - 08:03

Hi Djibs/friends,

I sometimes ask myself what is wrong with this region. Why there have been so many conflicts and political disputes for the last 50 years. To be more exact, what is wrong with Somalis, Ethiopians and Eritreans? Why they are fighting either among themselves or against one another?

I have not found any convincing answer for this. It seems to me that we are like a feather in an open air. And we are driven by a foreign wind. Take our artificial borders for example; it was Britain, France and Italy who created them. They gave us flags and new names Ethiopian, Somali, Eritrean, Kenyan, Djiboutian…and we, like sheep, accepted their plans and maps without any questions. The worst was that those who understood this, wanted to focus only on their ethnicity like Somalis did in their war against Ethiopia in 1977…but that was not their own fault because Ethiopia led by her Emperor Hailé managed to take a lion’s share and he swallowed the best and richest parts (in terms of fertile soil,, minerals and domestic and wild animals) of Somali region including Hawd Zone…etc and for this reason, British Somaliland became a stripe of bare mountainous chains and a desert with hot plains on the coast.

All this, I think, was done deliberately by the colonial foreigners but unfortunately, we did not understand their intention. Some may think they (Westerners) were pro-Ethiopians but in a broader sense, they were serving their own interests in this region.

We cannot always live in the past in which our ancestors were hostile to one another. We should open or turn a new page over to live in peace and work on developing our countries.
I have a dream that one day our kids will freely cross borders without fear or visas to go and pay visit to their friends in Asmara, Addis Ababa, Mogadishu and Djibouti…with better railways, better roads and suitable facilities to enjoy and live in peace side by side without any discrimination of ethnicity, religion or language.

Yes, we can!
Better future for our kids.

#2 L'utilisateur est hors-ligne   ELMI_ Icône

• Membre Avancé
  • PipPip
Groupe :
Membres
Inscrit :
06-août 10

Posté 18 mars 2012 - 10:39

Nous avons peut être oublier ce que sait l'AMOUR,LE RESPECT... :((
Cocorico

#3 L'utilisateur est hors-ligne   king(1) Icône

• Membre Avancé
  • PipPip
Groupe :
Membres
Inscrit :
10-août 03
Interests:
Reading.

Icône du message  Posté 19 mars 2012 - 08:26

Voir le messageELMI_, le 18 March 2012 - 07:39 PM, dit :

Nous avons peut être oublier ce que sait l'AMOUR,LE RESPECT... :((

Is there something funny?

#4 L'utilisateur est hors-ligne   king(1) Icône

• Membre Avancé
  • PipPip
Groupe :
Membres
Inscrit :
10-août 03
Interests:
Reading.

Posté 20 mars 2012 - 08:55

20 years ago most Somalis believed that Ethiopia was their enemy N.1. Now, that attitude has changed though there are still Somalis who are skeptical and have doubts about Ethiopia.
A friend of mine once told me there would never be peace between their two countries. Unlike him, I am optimistic for many reasons. First, Somalis have gone through so many problems. They lost thousands of lives in their war. Second, thousands of refugees went to Ethiopia to find shelter, food and security for last 25 years.
Third, Somali Ethiopians have got their regional state in New Ethiopia. They are better now because they live in peace.
Then, I think it is silly fight over borders and kill one another rather than cooperating with each other to build better economies to help their people have better future.

Finally, it is often lack of good leadership that keeps hostility among citizens of Somalia and Ethiopia. I think both nations have understood this now and this is why they are working together to restore peace and stability in Baidoa.
Good to see them help one another. It is also a good step for our dream...

Ce message a été modifié par king(1) - 20 mars 2012 - 09:02 .

#5 L'utilisateur est hors-ligne   king(1) Icône

• Membre Avancé
  • PipPip
Groupe :
Membres
Inscrit :
10-août 03
Interests:
Reading.

Posté 22 mars 2012 - 10:30

the dispute between Ethiopia and Eritrea hurts a lot in our region. Both countries spend millions of dollars on their armies. This is totally insane because there are millions of Ethiopians and Eritreans who are hungry or need better hospitals or schools for their families.

Here we have a problem of leadership. Lack of good leadership always leads to stupid mistakes. The situation is similar to South Sudan and North Sudan. Instead of forgetting about their bloody conflict in the past and focusing on the future they started fighting one another again. Some people believe there is an African conspiracy against North Sudan and because of this, Sudanese oil is going to Lamu in Kenya instead of PortSudan on the Red Sea. This is some sort of embargo on The regime in Khartoum.

There may be some truth in that statement which says there is a regional-international economic war on North Sudan. It is wrong to maintain the conflict between Juba and Khartoum because this helps nobody to gain. it is wrong to divide our region into ghettoes or slums that wage war on each other.
Likewise, war between Ethiopia and Eritrea must stop. We are tired of foreign weapons that pollute our environment. We need peace and stability to build our economies...

This should be our dream, citizens of Horn of Africa.

#6 L'utilisateur est hors-ligne   king(1) Icône

• Membre Avancé
  • PipPip
Groupe :
Membres
Inscrit :
10-août 03
Interests:
Reading.

Posté 22 mars 2012 - 07:20

When I say there is a lack of good leadership, I mean it is always a matter of decision-making. It is our politicians who take these wrong decisions. Ordinary citizens have other priorities. They don’t give a damn about war though they are the ones who die. Ordinary people fight and suffer when leaders give speeches or enjoy their imaginary victories.

People are hungry. They are thirsty. Millions of them lead miserable lives. Our youth face unemployment. They face uncertainty. They face a gloomy future where there is no light at the end of the tunnel. They flee and take long dangerous journeys either to the Arabian Peninsula or to North of Africa. They look for a decent future. Unfortunately, many of them die or get abused by others. They sometimes become hostages and pay ransom in Yemen for example. Girls are raped and young men are humiliated in these journeys…etc

Nobody gains from a war, a pointless war that has no end.
This is a question of leadership. Our region is very rich. We have all necessary means such as oil, rivers, fertile soil, livestock, long coasts and a good human capital. We just need peace and stability to pave the way for sustainable development.

A peaceful coexistence is our dream.

#7 L'utilisateur est hors-ligne   le-patrouilleur Icône

• Membre Avancé
  • PipPip
Groupe :
Membres
Inscrit :
04-septembre 04

Posté 22 mars 2012 - 09:51

Well that is a very interesting question, and I would say that they have lost their dignity
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it.

#8 L'utilisateur est hors-ligne   king(1) Icône

• Membre Avancé
  • PipPip
Groupe :
Membres
Inscrit :
10-août 03
Interests:
Reading.

Posté 23 mars 2012 - 07:30

Voir le messagele-patrouilleur, le 22 March 2012 - 06:51 PM, dit :

Well that is a very interesting question, and I would say that they have lost their dignity

Welcome back, Brother le Patrouilleur.

You are right. These leaders have lost their dignity. I don’t think they have ever had or heard that word “Dignity.” Their goal is all about power. It is all about money and fame. Some of them are similar to North Korea’s Kim-il. They want to be gods and they want their fellow citizens to worship them.

You know people are fed up with these endless conflicts in which our blood is shed on daily basis.
it is really sad to live in this region. It is sad because it is is insecure. Instead of buying food, medical supplies, books, computers...etc, we buy weapons. Instead of protecting human beings, we kill them, we put them in jails, we humiliate them, we keep them live in misery.
I think when Victor Hugo wrote his novel Les Miserables, he was talking about us. Charles Dickens' ill-fated boy Oliver Twist is everywhere in our countries. However, many of us are blind to see them.

That is the main problem. It is an issue that requires a collective action. It is a dream will take a lot of effort and time to come true. It is peace and for peace that we should bear in our minds. It is a must to work for it if we want to create a better future for our kids.

Ce message a été modifié par king(1) - 23 mars 2012 - 07:31 .

#9 L'utilisateur est hors-ligne   une sista Icône

• Membre Avancé
  • PipPip
Groupe :
Membres
Inscrit :
02-juin 03

Posté 24 mars 2012 - 02:26

Voir le messageking(1), le 23 March 2012 - 04:30 PM, dit :

Welcome back, Brother le Patrouilleur.

You are right. These leaders have lost their dignity. I don't think they have ever had or heard that word "Dignity." Their goal is all about power. It is all about money and fame. Some of them are similar to North Korea's Kim-il. They want to be gods and they want their fellow citizens to worship them.

You know people are fed up with these endless conflicts in which our blood is shed on daily basis.
it is really sad to live in this region. It is sad because it is is insecure. Instead of buying food, medical supplies, books, computers...etc, we buy weapons. Instead of protecting human beings, we kill them, we put them in jails, we humiliate them, we keep them live in misery.
I think when Victor Hugo wrote his novel Les Miserables, he was talking about us. Charles Dickens' ill-fated boy Oliver Twist is everywhere in our countries. However, many of us are blind to see them.

That is the main problem. It is an issue that requires a collective action. It is a dream will take a lot of effort and time to come true. It is peace and for peace that we should bear in our minds. It is a must to work for it if we want to create a better future for our kids.

Interesting post King.
I see that you are a man of high aspirations.. and unfortunatly this is exactly what most people lack today: high aspirations and Vision ( "himma" in arabic).

A great contemporary genius that I like reading once said : "This sin of the Muslim world: menefregismo" . In brief, he was pointing to the fact that we today more than ever suffer from the attitude of "sans-foutisme" towards everything that is not relative to personal gain and self-interest. "Menefregismo" est une exp​ression familiere en italienne qui veut dire en gros: "chacun pr soi et mes interests personnels avant tout, le reste peut aller au diable."And that kind of attitude inevitably contribuates to collective fall and misery in the long term because the Truth is we are all inter-connected somehow and what happens in our neighbour's house may affect us more than we think.
May God grant you your Vision and may He SWT help us find the way to Peace for Africa, amin.

PS: In the wake of the troubling events in such a great country like Mali for example, one cannot help but ask where is Africa headed.

Ce message a été modifié par une sista - 24 mars 2012 - 02:44 .

*Best Definition of Life (by the Creator of the Game Himself SWT )
"Sachez que la vie présente n’est que J.E.U, amusement, vaine parure, une course à l’orgueil entre vous et une rivalité dans l’acquisition des richesses et des enfants. Elle est en cela pareille à une pluie: la végétation qui en vient émerveille les cultivateurs, puis elle se fane et tu la vois donc jaunie; ensuite elle devient des débris. Et dans l’au-delà, il y a un dur châtiment, et aussi pardon et agrément d’Allah. Et la vie présente n’est que jouissance trompeuse. " Coran sourate 57, verset 20

*"Allah élèvera en degrés ceux d’entre vous qui auront cru et ceux qui auront reçu LE SAVOIR." Coran sourate 58, verset 11

*"No problem can be solved from the same level of CONSCIOUSNESS that created it." Albert Einstein
*" There are only 2 ways to live your life: one is as if nothing is a miracle and the other is as if EVERYTHING IS A MIRACLE " Albert Einstein
*" Dieu ne joue pas aux dés" Albert Einstein
*" Ce que nous appelons realite n est qu'illusion.. mais une tres forte illusion qui persiste quand meme" Albert Einstein
*"I want to know God's thoughts; the rest are details." Albert Einstein

* "Shift your consciousness to God Consciousness and everything else will follow" by me :)

* GLORIA IN EXCELSIS DEO

#10 L'utilisateur est hors-ligne   king(1) Icône

• Membre Avancé
  • PipPip
Groupe :
Membres
Inscrit :
10-août 03
Interests:
Reading.

Posté 25 mars 2012 - 07:17

Voir le messageune sista, le 23 March 2012 - 11:26 PM, dit :

Interesting post King.
I see that you are a man of high aspirations.. and unfortunatly this is exactly what most people lack today: high aspirations and Vision ( "himma" in arabic).

A great contemporary genius that I like reading once said : "This sin of the Muslim world: menefregismo" . In brief, he was pointing to the fact that we today more than ever suffer from the attitude of "sans-foutisme" towards everything that is not relative to personal gain and self-interest. "Menefregismo" est une exp​ression familiere en italienne qui veut dire en gros: "chacun pr soi et mes interests personnels avant tout, le reste peut aller au diable."And that kind of attitude inevitably contribuates to collective fall and misery in the long term because the Truth is we are all inter-connected somehow and what happens in our neighbour's house may affect us more than we think.
May God grant you your Vision and may He SWT help us find the way to Peace for Africa, amin.

PS: In the wake of the troubling events in such a great country like Mali for example, one cannot help but ask where is Africa headed.

Yes, Sister, we are all inter-connected; the whole region of Horn of Africa is similar to a house with several rooms. if someone puts his or his neighbor's room on fire, the entire house is vulnerable to that fire. Noboby is safe. In our country, Djibouti, for example, we have suffered a lot socially and economically for many years because of these conflicts around us...

#11 L'utilisateur est hors-ligne   une sista Icône

• Membre Avancé
  • PipPip
Groupe :
Membres
Inscrit :
02-juin 03

Posté 26 mars 2012 - 06:18

Voir le messageking(1), le 25 March 2012 - 04:17 PM, dit :

Yes, Sister, we are all inter-connected; the whole region of Horn of Africa is similar to a house with several rooms. if someone puts his or his neighbor's room on fire, the entire house is vulnerable to that fire. Noboby is safe. In our country, Djibouti, for example, we have suffered a lot socially and economically for many years because of these conflicts around us...

I totally agree with you with your perfect analogy of the house. Nobody is immune and it would be foolish to think as us from being seperate from our neighbours in the whole region of the Horn. (or even the whole continent and planet for that matter)
"Sachez que la vie présente n’est que J.E.U, amusement, vaine parure, une course à l’orgueil entre vous et une rivalité dans l’acquisition des richesses et des enfants. Elle est en cela pareille à une pluie: la végétation qui en vient émerveille les cultivateurs, puis elle se fane et tu la vois donc jaunie; ensuite elle devient des débris. Et dans l’au-delà, il y a un dur châtiment, et aussi pardon et agrément d’Allah. Et la vie présente n’est que jouissance trompeuse. " Coran sourate 57, verset 20

*"Allah élèvera en degrés ceux d’entre vous qui auront cru et ceux qui auront reçu LE SAVOIR." Coran sourate 58, verset 11

*"No problem can be solved from the same level of CONSCIOUSNESS that created it." Albert Einstein
*" There are only 2 ways to live your life: one is as if nothing is a miracle and the other is as if EVERYTHING IS A MIRACLE " Albert Einstein
*" Ce que nous appelons realite n est qu'illusion.. mais une tres forte illusion qui persiste quand meme" Albert Einstein

* "Shift your consciousness to God Consciousness and everything else will follow" by me :)

* GLORIA IN EXCELSIS DEO

#12 L'utilisateur est hors-ligne   king(1) Icône

• Membre Avancé
  • PipPip
Groupe :
Membres
Inscrit :
10-août 03
Interests:
Reading.

Posté 29 mars 2012 - 07:31

Voir le messageune sista, le 26 March 2012 - 03:18 AM, dit :

I totally agree with you with your perfect analogy of the house. Nobody is immune and it would be foolish to think as us from being seperate from our neighbours in the whole region of the Horn. (or even the whole continent and planet for that matter)

Unfortunatley, North Sudan and Southern Sudan started fighting days ago. This is really sort of irresponsibility. I mean these guys are doing something wrong because they already killed thousands of Sudanese innocent people in their war that lasted so many years. Now, it was time to rebuild nations and create better opportunities for their citizens. You know war has become a genetic illness. It seems they cannot stop it. They cannot live without hearin gunfire or seeing blood. They are hungry for slaughtering human beings. These politicians are sick. War is what they can do best.

I don't know what is the point. War war war, it is crazy to behave like that.
Better to rethink and stop this madness.

#13 L'utilisateur est hors-ligne   une sista Icône

• Membre Avancé
  • PipPip
Groupe :
Membres
Inscrit :
02-juin 03

Posté 31 mars 2012 - 03:05

Voir le messageking(1), le 29 March 2012 - 04:31 PM, dit :

Unfortunatley, North Sudan and Southern Sudan started fighting days ago. This is really sort of irresponsibility. I mean these guys are doing something wrong because they already killed thousands of Sudanese innocent people in their war that lasted so many years. Now, it was time to rebuild nations and create better opportunities for their citizens. You know war has become a genetic illness. It seems they cannot stop it. They cannot live without hearin gunfire or seeing blood. They are hungry for slaughtering human beings. These politicians are sick. War is what they can do best.

I don't know what is the point. War war war, it is crazy to behave like that.
Better to rethink and stop this madness.

So sad..

I am no expert in geopolitics but it is plain common sense that there is an hidden element of external powers at work in the most profitable and rich countries in Africa: namely the ex-colonial powers, the FMI, the UN and other sinisters institutions .
I think that is one reason we see those patterns of endless wars in Africa ( for example, you will notice the pattern of discovering oil or natural gaz in an african country and soon after some kind of "rebellion" or war emerges, it looks all too articially fabricated wars to me leading to one thing: political instability Image IPB ). Someone ( or some bodys should I say) is not interested in a peaceful and therefore developed and prosperous Africa.

May God SWT help our motherland amin

Ce message a été modifié par une sista - 31 mars 2012 - 03:07 .

* GLORIA IN EXCELSIS DEO

#14 L'utilisateur est hors-ligne   king(1) Icône

• Membre Avancé
  • PipPip
Groupe :
Membres
Inscrit :
10-août 03
Interests:
Reading.

Posté 31 mars 2012 - 10:57

Voir le messageune sista, le 31 March 2012 - 12:05 AM, dit :

So sad..

I am no expert in geopolitics but it is plain common sense that there is an hidden element of external powers at work in the most profitable and rich countries in Africa: namely the ex-colonial powers, the FMI, the UN and other sinisters institutions .
I think that is one reason we see those patterns of endless wars in Africa ( for example, you will notice the pattern of discovering oil or natural gaz in an african country and soon after some kind of "rebellion" or war emerges, it looks all too articially fabricated wars to me leading to one thing: political instability Image IPB ). Someone ( or some bodys should I say) is not interested in a peaceful and therefore developed and prosperous Africa.

May God SWT help our motherland amin

There is a lot of truth in your words, Sister. There have always been conflicts in all African countries rich in oil, gold, diamonds... particularly countries that were colonialized by Britain, Belgium and Portugual. Take for example, the DRC, Angola, Sierraleone...etc but this not always the case. In Rwanda, the genocide in 1994 had different causes. In Uganda in the days of Idi Amin Dada or in Somalia, there were other element such as dictatorship and power abuse that led to war.

#15 L'utilisateur est hors-ligne   une sista Icône

• Membre Avancé
  • PipPip
Groupe :
Membres
Inscrit :
02-juin 03

Posté 31 mars 2012 - 11:21

Voir le messageking(1), le 31 March 2012 - 07:57 AM, dit :

There is a lot of truth in your words, Sister. There have always been conflicts in all African countries rich in oil, gold, diamonds... particularly countries that were colonialized by Britain, Belgium and Portugual. Take for example, the DRC, Angola, Sierraleone...etc but this not always the case. In Rwanda, the genocide in 1994 had different causes. In Uganda in the days of Idi Amin Dada or in Somalia, there were other element such as dictatorship and power abuse that led to war.

u are right brother: it is not always the case but what I meant is that generally there are other external forces involved in Africa's woes in top of the stupidity and evil of our own african politicians.

* GLORIA IN EXCELSIS DEO

Partager ce sujet :

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Dernière »