Groupe :
Membres
Inscrit :
21-décembre 09

Posté 28 octobre 2011 - 05:56

Citation

Carter Ham in Djibouti

Image IPB

Yesterday at the presidential palace, the head of state, Mr. Ismail Omar Guelleh, won the Commanding General of U.S. forces from AFRICOM, General Carter F. Ham, with whom he discussed the security contexts of the Horn of Africa and the Middle East.
The President of the Republic, Mr. Ismail Omar Guelleh, yesterday received in audience General Carter F.Ham, Commanding General of U.S. forces of AFRICOM, the presidential palace.
The interview was attended by the Ambassador of the United States accredited to Djibouti, Ms. Geeta PASY.
It was a good opportunity for the Djiboutian Head of State and senior U.S. military official to address several issues including the situation in Somalia and the security situation in the Middle East.
They also discussed military cooperation between Djibouti and the United States.
On this last point, the two countries have an important collaboration in the fight against international terrorism.
The regulation of maritime piracy also rampant off the coast of Somalia and the Indian Ocean. Note that General Carter F. Ham stayed for the first time in Djibouti, the only African country where the U.S. has a permanent military base.
Finally, remember that AFRICOM is a military command which covers the commitment of U.S. military in Africa.

Image IPB

tête á tête entre Piggy et Ham

Djiboutian Ambassador to the United States Roble Olhaye met at Camp Lemonier in Djibouti on February 25 with Brigadier General Mastin Robeson. Olhaye was expecting to secure an open-end contract but his day-dream was dashed by the following respond from General Robeson.

Citation

General Robeson responded that eventually the U.S. would not have a permanent presence in Djibouti but that we wanted to leave a stronger, more capable Djiboutian military behind that was doing things right. He stressed that with efforts in border security, coastal security, and anti-terrorism he wanted to help the Djiboutian Military understand the impact it can have nationally by partnering with outlying regions and acting as an engine of national development.

Whether Olhaye had relayed the unsettling massage to his cousin Piggy is unknown, Piggy seems to have a hard time understanding Olhaye and bring under his chain command.

According to La Nation, either Piggy doesn’t know that the US military base is not permanent one as we have been led to believe, or he and his official news paper deliberately misleading the public.

Ce message a été modifié par labo22 - 28 octobre 2011 - 05:59 .

Suppression of Free Speech

Djibnet created online GABOOD or Sheraton hotel Djibouti with Ahmed Bouh its gate keeper, just in case no one has noticed!! Why I can NOT post anything IS ? mark!!!

labo222@googlemail.com

#2 L'utilisateur est hors-ligne   king(1) Icône

• Membre Avancé
  • PipPip
Groupe :
Membres
Inscrit :
10-août 03
Interests:
Reading.

Posté 30 octobre 2011 - 08:07

Salam, Labo
You have a lot of energy you know, Sxb. you still fighting lol...
Anyway, I am back. So watch your back B)
Better future for our kids.

#3 L'utilisateur est hors-ligne   labo22 Icône

• Membre Avancé
  • PipPip
Groupe :
Membres
Inscrit :
21-décembre 09

Posté 31 octobre 2011 - 04:57

Welcome back Mr King and I’m glad to hear that you’re back in-one-piece lol.

It’s true the emerging pictures are far from “US Army In Djibouti / Durable Development” thanks to Wiki Leaks.

Always you Harvest the fruits of your labour, when you treat your own citizen as subhuman, its normal that you’re going to suffer ignominiously just like late Gaddafi, given the opportunity to his opponents, I think, they would probably lynch the big P. turn him to ham for the malnourished children that would be cruel lol.

Ce message a été modifié par labo22 - 31 octobre 2011 - 05:32 .

Djibnet created online GABOOD or Sheraton hotel Djibouti with Ahmed Bouh its gate keeper, just in case no one has noticed!! Why I can NOT post anything IS ? mark!!!

labo222@googlemail.com

#4 L'utilisateur est hors-ligne   king(1) Icône

• Membre Avancé
  • PipPip
Groupe :
Membres
Inscrit :
10-août 03
Interests:
Reading.

Posté 31 octobre 2011 - 11:52

I believe that the American Presence is good for the stability of this region.If they want to leave, I think, it is up to them you know 'cause they have a duty to bring troops home or maybe to reduce expenses who knows?.
yes it was I who wrote "American Army/Sustainable development!" and I still believe in this. If Djiboutians learn one thing "working hard" from Americans, our country will develop. Camp Lemonier is like a beehive; they work 24/24 hours, seven days a week whereas we Djiboutians work,in general, 5 or 6 hours out of 24 hours a day...

#5 L'utilisateur est hors-ligne   labo22 Icône

• Membre Avancé
  • PipPip
Groupe :
Membres
Inscrit :
21-décembre 09

Posté 01 novembre 2011 - 05:16

Well I do respect your believe, but the brief history of American presence in Djibouti is not a colourful one, as you and the others perhaps with special interest may try us to convince the otherwise, although the beehive might seaborne at any time!!

It’s true, Camp Lemonier works 24/24 just like Ports and Airport, but deference is job security and safety, Camp Lemonier’s local workers goes to work every day not knowing whether they are coming back to work next day, treating the local employees as subhuman is part of the norm, they can be easily framed of any kind of pity-crime and expelled with no legal right to challenge any accusation.
Image IPB

Occupational Heath Safety at Camp Lemonier, is Camp Lemonier’s body x-ray scanners ‘a great public health experiment’?Contrary to every policy enacted since the effects of radiation were understood, US Gov is engaging in a mass experiment of irradiation of not just adults, but also pregnant women, fetuses, women of child-bearing age, men who may conceive after exposure—in short, everyone who seeks employment at Camp Lemonier will have a long term health concern, unfortunate the results of the experiment will not be known for 20 years.

Djibouti’s Public sector is not as productive as Private sector, mainly because of the inability of the employer big P to run the state affair properly and competitively, if the role-model enjoys a long session of chewing of Kat, it’s OK for his employees to follow his footsteps and become less productive.

Ce message a été modifié par labo22 - 01 novembre 2011 - 05:32 .

labo222@googlemail.com

#6 L'utilisateur est hors-ligne   king(1) Icône

• Membre Avancé
  • PipPip
Groupe :
Membres
Inscrit :
10-août 03
Interests:
Reading.

Posté 01 novembre 2011 - 10:06

It is true there are some concerns about "Xadhigle" system that control Djiboutian workers at the Camp... but I have not heard of complaints for the last 7 months or more. the reason is that there has been a foreign contractor as I heard though fear of getting fired anytime is still there.

As for the scanners, I did not know exactly what kind of health risks they represent. Americans are experts in these matters I think. They are not going to let it happen 'cause they have moral rersponsibility. Furthermore, their values don't allow them do such things. This is my personal belief.

Precaution against any terror attack is necessary.

#7 L'utilisateur est hors-ligne   mehmon Icône

• Membre
  • Pip
Groupe :
Membres
Inscrit :
19-octobre 06

Posté 01 novembre 2011 - 11:26

Citation

General Robeson responded that eventually the U.S. would not have a permanent presence in Djibouti but that we wanted to leave a stronger, more capable Djiboutian military behind that was doing things right. He stressed that with efforts in border security, coastal security, and anti-terrorism he wanted to help the Djiboutian Military understand the impact it can have nationally by partnering with outlying regions and acting as an engine of national development.

Interesting...Well I'm one of those who were led to believe the Americans were here permanently...Thanks for posting this Labo, keep them coming

I must admit though, I rather have the Americans train our military and build up their strength and effectiveness than have them stay permanently. We can't always depend on foreign forces for our security...sooner or later, they'll leave. The Djiboutian military needs to be trained, and their equipments upgraded, we've seen with the Eritrean aggression, our army is no match

#8 L'utilisateur est hors-ligne   labo22 Icône

• Membre Avancé
  • PipPip
Groupe :
Membres
Inscrit :
21-décembre 09

Posté 02 novembre 2011 - 12:49

America is no saint brother; its History is full of a secret human experimentation, Djibouti is a perfect place to conduct such evil practice, because Djibouti Gov already gave up the right sue of any US violation of human rights in Djibouti. If the US could do the following heinous crimes against its own citizens, what you think Djibouti with no legal protection.

1931 Dr. Cornelius Rhoads, under the auspices of the Rockefeller Institute for Medical Investigations, infects human subjects with cancer cells. He later goes on to establish the U.S. Army Biological Warfare facilities in Maryland, Utah, and Panama, and is named to the U.S. Atomic Energy Commission. While there, he begins a series of radiation exposure experiments on American soldiers and civilian hospital patients.

Also a year later in1932, The Tuskegee Syphilis Study begins. 200 black men diagnosed with syphilis are never told of their illness, are denied treatment, and instead are used as human guinea pigs in order to follow the progression and symptoms of the disease. They all subsequently die from syphilis, their families never told that they could have been treated, the list goes on.

As recently as 1995 Dr. Garth Nicolson, uncovers evidence that the biological agents used during the Gulf War had been manufactured in Houston, TX and Boca Raton, Fl and tested on prisoners in the Texas Department of Corrections. Subsequently Department of Defense admits that Desert Storm soldiers were exposed to chemical agents, and in1997 Eighty-eight members of Congress sign a letter demanding an investigation into bioweapons use & Gulf War Syndrome.

Already we have a few mysterious deaths of local employees in Camp lemonier, of course no autopsy were performed, the last victim of this mysterious death was a young man, security guard, he finished his work and went to his home in Ali-Sabieh for the weekend, his pregnant was waiting for him, he slept at night and he was found dead in the morning.

The issue is beyond the so-called security Precaution, this must have been another secret human experimentation. This is not an airport where you may need once or twice a year, its every reality of exposing a harmful radiation to the most vulnerable human being on earth, they are not there by choice but they are there to earn living as little $ 300 per month. A simple metal detector with the combination of physical body search can do the perfect job without risking the health of human beings.

Ce message a été modifié par labo22 - 02 novembre 2011 - 12:51 .

labo222@googlemail.com

#9 L'utilisateur est hors-ligne   labo22 Icône

• Membre Avancé
  • PipPip
Groupe :
Membres
Inscrit :
21-décembre 09

Posté 03 novembre 2011 - 08:06

French army backs Djibouti against Eritrea, although Djiboutian people have been always grateful for the unwavering support of the French government, Piggy refuses to acknowledge because he has a personal problem with the French government, he tends to hide his legal problems behind the state.

French officers stationed in Djibouti reveal France is providing military support to the country. France is to step up its military presence in Djibouti with immediate effect

Speaking to the government-controlled press agency 'Agence Djiboutienne d'Information' (ADI), French officer Colonel Ducret said troops from France are "providing assistance in logistics, medical but also support in terms of intelligence service to the Djiboutian army."

This information has been confirmed by Paris Ministry of Defence spokesmen, talking to the French press. These sources add that while French troops have not been involved in the fighting with Eritreans, they have provided aerial surveillance of the border, informing Djibouti's army about Eritrean troop movements. Other assistance had mainly focused on medical aid.

Further, the Ministry of Defence had decided to increase French military presence in Djibouti while the conflict with Eritrea goes on. There exist plans to establish mobile French military bases close to the Eritrean border, which would assure against an Eritrean advance into the small Horn of Africa country, unnamed French Ministry sources revealed to the Paris press.

In comparison, US State Department spokesperson referred to the border conflict as a "military aggression" committed by Eritrea, but the US Army has yet to state whether it is assisting its host nation in this conflict.

France is the founder of Djibouti, its territorial integrity as small country has been dependent on the protocol "provisional" of June 27, 1977 which sets the stationing conditions of the French forces on the territory of Djibouti.

Citation

The agreement provides that (Article 1) “in case of aggression by a foreign army, the government of the French Republic will provide the Republic of Djibouti participation French armed forces stationed in the territory of the latter.” However, “the French forces stationed on the territory of the Republic of Djibouti cannot participate in peacekeeping operations or to restore order.”In addition (Article 10) “the territory of the Republic of Djibouti will not be used as a base or point of support for military action against a third power, except as provided in Article I "

The new US theory that Djibouti border security, coastal security and the new phenomenon of the so-called anti-terrorism depends on “partnering with outlying regions and acting as an engine of national development” is vague concept, Piggy was too quick to subscribe without realising that he is giving the sovereignty of the nation to the most aggressive ad dominant dictators of the region such as Males.

The deterrent of Djibouti’s national security from foreign aggression is guaranteed with the Treaty of Friendship and Co-operation between France and Djibouti of 27 June 1977, I suspect that there is no long term alterative, Djibouti is in a good hand of security wise with its former colonial power.

Ce message a été modifié par labo22 - 03 novembre 2011 - 08:11 .

labo222@googlemail.com

#10 L'utilisateur est hors-ligne   king(1) Icône

• Membre Avancé
  • PipPip
Groupe :
Membres
Inscrit :
10-août 03
Interests:
Reading.

Posté 03 novembre 2011 - 12:55

France and America are here for their own interest. They are not going to train Djib soldiers or renew our junk arms of WWII as serious as they do with their armies. That is one thing.
Another thing is that France has already withrawn SOME of her troops(13e debles) from Djibouti . So in the long term I think they have no intention of staying qnother one hundred years to defend this country.

#11 L'utilisateur est hors-ligne   labo22 Icône

• Membre Avancé
  • PipPip
Groupe :
Membres
Inscrit :
21-décembre 09

Posté 04 novembre 2011 - 06:07

It’s true that France and America are here for their interest, but who trains combat soldiers of Djibouti is not the issue, French government has especial relationship with its former colony Djibouti, the two countries have mutually agreed that French Gov retains its military base in the most strategic country in the region (Djibouti) in return that the French government guarantees the security of the host nation from external aggression.

French government may scale down its presence in Djibouti, but Djibouti remains a strategic location that makes it as important as the Gulf of Persia the source energy for Africa, Europe, and beyond, so French to leave Djibouti is a ludicrous and the source of this speculation is from US and the nervous Piggy.

Djibouti involved in diplomatic row with FranceThe French government is concerned over its formerly excellent diplomatic ties with its ex-colony after Djibouti had expelled six French aid workers. The Djiboutians reacting to a French court's summoning of the Djibouti intelligence chief in a new investigation into the death of the French judge in the country in 1995.

The French Ministry of Foreign Affairs this weekend issued a statement, saying it "regrets" Djibouti's decision to expel the six aid workers. "France remains attached, more than ever, to maintain a strong cooperation in total partnership with Djibouti."

During the judge Borel Saga, Djiboutians have had learnt that the France is dependent on its only strategic ally in the region, it is one of the reason that prompted the French government to diversify it military might in the region and perhaps venture for Dubai.

labo222@googlemail.com

#12 L'utilisateur est hors-ligne   ELMI_ Icône

• Membre Avancé
  • PipPip
Groupe :
Membres
Inscrit :
06-août 10

Posté 05 novembre 2011 - 03:31

Voir le messagelabo22, le 04 November 2011 - 04:07 AM, dit :

It’s true that France and America are here for their interest, but who trains combat soldiers of Djibouti is not the issue, French government has especial relationship with its former colony Djibouti, the two countries have mutually agreed that French Gov retains its military base in the most strategic country in the region (Djibouti) in return that the French government guarantees the security of the host nation from external aggression.

French government may scale down its presence in Djibouti, but Djibouti remains a strategic location that makes it as important as the Gulf of Persia the source energy for Africa, Europe, and beyond, so French to leave Djibouti is a ludicrous and the source of this speculation is from US and the nervous Piggy.

Djibouti involved in diplomatic row with FranceThe French government is concerned over its formerly excellent diplomatic ties with its ex-colony after Djibouti had expelled six French aid workers. The Djiboutians reacting to a French court's summoning of the Djibouti intelligence chief in a new investigation into the death of the French judge in the country in 1995.

The French Ministry of Foreign Affairs this weekend issued a statement, saying it "regrets" Djibouti's decision to expel the six aid workers. "France remains attached, more than ever, to maintain a strong cooperation in total partnership with Djibouti."

During the judge Borel Saga, Djiboutians have had learnt that the France is dependent on its only strategic ally in the region, it is one of the reason that prompted the French government to diversify it military might in the region and perhaps venture for Dubai.

Les couilles... c'est d'affronter IOG à l'intérieur de notre pays,tu peux toujours continuer à remplir des pages mon frère pour perdre ton temps!
il faut aller se battre comme il faut chez nous à djibouti....
Je suis de ton coté car je partage tes opinions,je te supporte à 100%
Alors faut il toujours continuer à écrire et écrire des articles.Nini Raganimo ku dhimeey
c'est quoi donc notre destin
Cocorico

#13 L'utilisateur est hors-ligne   labo22 Icône

• Membre Avancé
  • PipPip
Groupe :
Membres
Inscrit :
21-décembre 09

Posté 14 novembre 2011 - 06:45

US a military has bases all over the world, perhaps Mr Goolwade Dip 101 is going elaborate for us what is unique about Djibouti, maybe may distinguished colleague of this forum Mr King 101 could step in to make sense of this fuzzy comments.

The La Nation seems to be listening its readers. The paper no longer publishes the false statements about the US military base, although it tries very hard to create vague situations.

The side meeting between Piggy and the US official during the Eid EL-adha festivity has no news worthy, let alone publishing it on front page for Photo-opportunity, Piggy loves publicity.

Citation

Image IPB
Djibouti / USA
The President of the Republic receives the Admiral Franken
At the end of the traditional garden party of Eid El Adha, the President of the Republic, Mr. Ismail Omar Guelleh, Sunday, November 6 last received in audience at the presidential palace Admiral Michael Franken at the head of U.S. forces based in Camp Lemonier in the capital. The interview focused on the relationship of military and security cooperation in good shape as Djibouti and the United States maintain as part of the international fight against terrorism.

On the sidelines of the celebrations of Eid El Adha, the President of the Republic, Mr. Ismail Omar Guelleh, met last Sunday, November 6 Commander of U.S. forces based at Camp Lemonier in Djibouti city, Admiral Michael Franken, the presidential palace .

The interview was attended by the foreign minister of Djibouti, Mr. Mahmoud Ali Youssouf, Head of National Security, Mr. Hassan Said Khaireh, and the U.S. ambassador accredited to Djibouti, Ms. Geeta Pasi.

During the interview, the head of state of Djibouti and the senior U.S. military official pointed to the military and security aspects of bilateral relations between Djibouti and the United States.

They agreed and the fruitful nature of tighter cooperation ties between the two countries in recent years in these sensitive areas.

Note that the U.S. Army moved to the country after the terrible attacks of September 11 2001qui hit and razed the twin towers of World Trade Center in New York. Remember also that the United States of America has in the Republic of Djibouti for their unique military base on the African continent.

This is precisely the Camp Lemonnier home to U.S. forces deployed in our skies as part of the international fight against terrorism.
Image IPB

labo222@googlemail.com

Partager ce sujet :

Page 1 sur 1