• PipPip
Groupe :
Membres
Inscrit :
10-août 03
Interests:
Reading.

Posté 09 décembre 2010 - 09:23

Camp Lem has become one of the biggest American bases in the world. Though the number of the personnel is not big, I think, it is very important for US anti-terror fight in many regions, be it in Africa, Asia or Europe. In this very short article, as usual, I would like to talk about the influence, political, social and financial, that this base will have on life in Djibouti. Needless to say that American presence has helped many countries to achieve a sustainable development in education, economy… and therefore a better income that has led to better life for citizens in these countries. North Korea and Taiwan as well as Germany and Japan after the Second World War, are good examples for the nations that took advantage of the US Army Presence on their soils.

America is a great and dynamic nation. Barack Obama is not a miracle to be the first black American of the United States of America, but I can say with sincerity that America is a miracle itself! Martin Luther King was right to say “I have a dream!” and Elizabeth Eckford
Knew this well when she attempted to enter Little Rock Central High School that accepted only white children in 1940s of 20th century.

Djibouti has already had some kind of security insurance provided by France on one side. The educational system based on French curricula has also formed some sort of cultural tolerance in Djibouti on another side. There is no prejudice whatsoever against people who come from other countries. This is a very positive factor which has created a peaceful and culturally open society in our country. For example, unlike people who live in some of the neighbouring countries, to see a white person in a village or in the countryside does not provoke any curiosity in Djibouti, because this is normal for they (Djiboutians) have seen and lived with white people for more than 100 years.

Thanks to this open culture, Americans don’t look like aliens who belong to another planet, Mars or Jupiter, for instance. It is true that most of mineral water and food supplies for CL come from other countries such as United Emirates, Brazil, the Dominican Republic…etc and there are foreign nationals who work and live inside the Base, but it has already changed lives of many families and their children. The Camp contributes to the national budget in our country as well.

Now, the question is “Can Djibouti be a developed country due to the American Presence on her soil in the long term?”
I think the answer is YES provided that both sides, Djiboutian and American, are sincere in their mutual commitment to go forward in order to build new Djibouti in which all parties, nationals as well as friends, feel they are in a great country that offers love, tolerance and prosperity to everyone of us.

The first step to make that dream come true, is good governance in our country. All Djiboutians must participate in this and be honest in their engagement so that we can fight against those who want to marginalize some of their fellow citizens. We must respect and protect human dignity of every Djiboutian whoever he is and to whatever spectrum he belongs.
Better future for our kids.

#2 L'utilisateur est hors-ligne   labo22 Icône

• Membre Avancé
  • PipPip
Groupe :
Membres
Inscrit :
21-décembre 09

Posté 09 décembre 2010 - 11:52

Voir le messageking(1), le 09 December 2010 - 09:23 PM, dit :

Camp Lem has become one of the biggest American bases in the world. Though the number of the personnel is not big, I think, it is very important for US anti-terror fight in many regions, be it in Africa, Asia or Europe. In this very short article, as usual, I would like to talk about the influence, political, social and financial, that this base will have on life in Djibouti. Needless to say that American presence has helped many countries to achieve a sustainable development in education, economy… and therefore a better income that has led to better life for citizens in these countries. North Korea and Taiwan as well as Germany and Japan after the Second World War, are good examples for the nations that took advantage of the US Army Presence on their soils.

America is a great and dynamic nation. Barack Obama is not a miracle to be the first black American of the United States of America, but I can say with sincerity that America is a miracle itself! Martin Luther King was right to say “I have a dream!” and Elizabeth Eckford
Knew this well when she attempted to enter Little Rock Central High School that accepted only white children in 1940s of 20th century.

Djibouti has already had some kind of security insurance provided by France on one side. The educational system based on French curricula has also formed some sort of cultural tolerance in Djibouti on another side. There is no prejudice whatsoever against people who come from other countries. This is a very positive factor which has created a peaceful and culturally open society in our country. For example, unlike people who live in some of the neighbouring countries, to see a white person in a village or in the countryside does not provoke any curiosity in Djibouti, because this is normal for they (Djiboutians) have seen and lived with white people for more than 100 years.

Thanks to this open culture, Americans don’t look like aliens who belong to another planet, Mars or Jupiter, for instance. It is true that most of mineral water and food supplies for CL come from other countries such as United Emirates, Brazil, the Dominican Republic…etc and there are foreign nationals who work and live inside the Base, but it has already changed lives of many families and their children. The Camp contributes to the national budget in our country as well.

Now, the question is “Can Djibouti be a developed country due to the American Presence on her soil in the long term?”
I think the answer is YES provided that both sides, Djiboutian and American, are sincere in their mutual commitment to go forward in order to build new Djibouti in which all parties, nationals as well as friends, feel they are in a great country that offers love, tolerance and prosperity to everyone of us.

The first step to make that dream come true, is good governance in our country. All Djiboutians must participate in this and be honest in their engagement so that we can fight against those who want to marginalize some of their fellow citizens. We must respect and protect human dignity of every Djiboutian whoever he is and to whatever spectrum he belongs.

Bravo King, this post about the US military presence in the region,it can be seen as a damage control after the damning WikiLeaks revelation about Djiboutian rulers, according to your PR info on behave of the US government, we take it that there are more damaging cable news about Djibouti is yet to come. We think its clear by now who is the terrorist and who is not? I think you revealing your true Identity by sound like Solomon Tomoye, the non Somali speaking Somali !!!!!

Suppression of Free Speech

Djibnet created online GABOOD or Sheraton hotel Djibouti with Ahmed Bouh its gate keeper, just in case no one has noticed!! Why I can NOT post anything IS ? mark!!!

labo222@googlemail.com

#3 L'utilisateur est hors-ligne   Zieg Heil Icône

• Membre
  • Pip
Groupe :
Membres
Inscrit :
06-septembre 09

Posté 10 décembre 2010 - 11:01

Voir le messageking(1), le 09 décembre 2010 - 09:23 , dit :

The only thing that puts spices in your writing here above is the latest point.
I'd say though "willpower"!
That is a great weapon that could help us all to get rid of the evil, dominating our souls at this present time.
But I'd like to raise a question here: how will we then deal with the TRAITORS?

MX
[i][b]"If the freedom is short of weapons, we must compensate with willpower." A.H

"I have more respect for the man who lets me know where he stands, even if he is wrong, than the one who comes like an angel while he is nothing but a devil..." MX

"On ne peut pas dévorer le diable sans en avoir avalé les cornes..." J.Staline[/b][/i]

#4 L'utilisateur est hors-ligne   king(1) Icône

• Membre Avancé
  • PipPip
Groupe :
Membres
Inscrit :
10-août 03
Interests:
Reading.

Posté 10 décembre 2010 - 07:10

correction...

I wanted to say "South Korea" and not "North Korea" which is a communist, totalitarian regime.
it was a mistake of typing.

#5 L'utilisateur est hors-ligne   king(1) Icône

• Membre Avancé
  • PipPip
Groupe :
Membres
Inscrit :
10-août 03
Interests:
Reading.

Posté 10 décembre 2010 - 07:13

Voir le messagelabo22, le 09 December 2010 - 08:52 PM, dit :

Bravo King, this post about the US military presence in the region,it can be seen as a damage control after the damning WikiLeaks revelation about Djiboutian rulers, according to your PR info on behave of the US government, we take it that there are more damaging cable news about Djibouti is yet to come. We think its clear by now who is the terrorist and who is not? I think you revealing your true Identity by sound like Solomon Tomoye, the non Somali speaking Somali !!!!!

it is just my point of view.

#6 L'utilisateur est hors-ligne   king(1) Icône

• Membre Avancé
  • PipPip
Groupe :
Membres
Inscrit :
10-août 03
Interests:
Reading.

Posté 10 décembre 2010 - 07:23

Voir le messageZieg Heil, le 10 December 2010 - 08:01 AM, dit :

The only thing that puts spices in your writing here above is the latest point.
I'd say though "willpower"!
That is a great weapon that could help us all to get rid of the evil, dominating our souls at this present time.
But I'd like to raise a question here: how will we then deal with the TRAITORS?

MX

I wouldn't use that term "evil" simply because it leads to a contraversial equation "Good" versus "Evil" in life. it is another way of saying there are "Black" and "White" this is totally wrong. in our case, it is better not to call A djiboutian to be a traitor unless you believe that being on the top of the State is a crime.

#7 L'utilisateur est hors-ligne   An old funny turtle Icône

• Membre
  • Pip
Groupe :
Membres
Inscrit :
30-novembre 10

Posté 13 décembre 2010 - 04:29

Voir le messageking(1), le 09 décembre 2010 - 09:23 , dit :

hello Mr King,

Be kind to post good stuff to make us dream. The day is dark, the radiator is on, just a good normal december day. You well kow that the first advantage with Us presence on our soil is the language. So come on! Quelque chose d'autre qui fasse petiller l'intelligene et nous emnene loin de rives des marais d'ennui qui vont si bien au fin d'annee quand on est surtout loin des avenues du pays. Ou la nuit venue, on mange des haricots et beaucoup plus tard des khamirs avec du the au lait en contemplant l'aube pointer son nez dans un ciel toujours bleu, toujours beau. meme si on doit le fuir surtout a midi. En insultant le soleil.
Je fuis le jour en ecoutant le "runnin down a dream" de tom petty, sous la benidiction des beaux clins d'oeil que m'envoie une mangue vetue d'une belle robe verte que j'ai achetee hier soir. Je pense qu'elle vient de la republique dominicaine. When was the last time you have had a mango? Tell the true, you can't remenber it, isn't it?

#8 L'utilisateur est hors-ligne   king(1) Icône

• Membre Avancé
  • PipPip
Groupe :
Membres
Inscrit :
10-août 03
Interests:
Reading.

Posté 13 décembre 2010 - 08:36

Voir le messageAn old funny turtle, le 13 December 2010 - 01:29 PM, dit :

hello Mr King,

Be kind to post good stuff to make us dream. The day is dark, the radiator is on, just a good normal december day. You well kow that the first advantage with Us presence on our soil is the language. So come on! Quelque chose d'autre qui fasse petiller l'intelligene et nous emnene loin de rives des marais d'ennui qui vont si bien au fin d'annee quand on est surtout loin des avenues du pays. Ou la nuit venue, on mange des haricots et beaucoup plus tard des khamirs avec du the au lait en contemplant l'aube pointer son nez dans un ciel toujours bleu, toujours beau. meme si on doit le fuir surtout a midi. En insultant le soleil.
Je fuis le jour en ecoutant le "runnin down a dream" de tom petty, sous la benidiction des beaux clins d'oeil que m'envoie une mangue vetue d'une belle robe verte que j'ai achetee hier soir. Je pense qu'elle vient de la republique dominicaine. When was the last time you have had a mango? Tell the true, you can't remenber it, isn't it?

Salut le poète!

#9 L'utilisateur est hors-ligne   peach Icône

• Membre Avancé
  • PipPip
Groupe :
Membres
Inscrit :
27-mai 03

Posté 18 décembre 2010 - 12:46

Generally the Americans refer to us as the skinnies.
I sincerely doubt there presence is of any importance for Djibouti economy or development.

#10 L'utilisateur est hors-ligne   le-patrouilleur Icône

• Membre Avancé
  • PipPip
Groupe :
Membres
Inscrit :
04-septembre 04

Posté 21 décembre 2010 - 08:40

Voir le messagepeach, le 18 December 2010 - 10:46 AM, dit :

Generally the Americans refer to us as the skinnies.
I sincerely doubt there presence is of any importance for Djibouti economy or development.

The only reason they here is because they want to strengthen their hold into the world
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it.

#11 L'utilisateur est hors-ligne   labo22 Icône

• Membre Avancé
  • PipPip
Groupe :
Membres
Inscrit :
21-décembre 09

Posté 25 décembre 2010 - 07:57

Mr. King(1) I’m afraid the real reason behind the US invasion in our region is not as you portrayed, the US sleazy game that they are after the so called War-On-Terror is false to say the least. According to the information obtained from several WikiLeaks reports exposes a potential U.S. government plot to thrust genetically-modified organisms (GMO) on the continent of Africa. Also according to verbiage found in the leaked messages, it appears that the recent creation by the Pentagon of AFRICOM, a U.S. military command post headquartered in Africa based in Djibouti (Camp Lemonier) the first of its kind in African continent, was at least in part done for the purpose of securing access to the continent's natural resources, as well as establishing a GMO foothold there.
AFRICOM is the brainchild of a retired four-star Air Force general who is now a paid lobbyist for the agro-fuels-industry. This fact alone suggests that the efforts of the new military post in Djibouti will play at least some role in serving such interests, including those of the biotechnology industry that clearly benefits from the expanded use ofGMOs

Citation

“Now, the question is “Can Djibouti be a developed country due to the American Presence on her soil in the long term?”
I think the answer is YES provided that both sides, Djiboutian and American, are sincere in their mutual commitment to go forward in order to build new Djibouti in which all parties, nationals as well as friends, feel they are in a great country that offers love, tolerance and prosperity to everyone of us.”

I think you’re dreaming, Djibouti can’t ever be a developing country, without having a knowledge-base-society and respect of basic human right rules. Yes Djibouti can be another US Porto-Rica in African continent and I hope you know what means.

http://naturalnews.t...1D879432CE0A095

Djibnet created online GABOOD or Sheraton hotel Djibouti with Ahmed Bouh its gate keeper, just in case no one has noticed!! Why I can NOT post anything IS ? mark!!!

labo222@googlemail.com

#12 L'utilisateur est hors-ligne   king(1) Icône

• Membre Avancé
  • PipPip
Groupe :
Membres
Inscrit :
10-août 03
Interests:
Reading.

Posté 26 décembre 2010 - 07:58

Good evening, Labo,
It is true that America is here in Horn of Africa to persuit her war on terror because before 11/9/2001 an Amercan base like Lemonier was not predicted. Africa was not militarily on the foreign agenda in the US I think. I know they are here for a specific mission to fulfil but this does not mean, in my point of view, they don’t want to help Africa in general and our country in particular to go forward and gain better economy in the long term. I don’t believe that Djibouti will become a developped country today or tomorrow. I don’t also think that the Americans are going to invest billions of dollars here in East Africa but at least, they can play a positive role in promoting peace which is absolutely necessary for a durable development. This begins in urging regimes on not to violate human rights…

As I said before I am not an American citizen to speak for America or turn a blind to their policies concerning Africa. Some of these policies could give to others, a negative image about their intentions here in Djibouti or elsewhere in Africa.

You may say that we have had France for many years if the presence of Western power on our soil means development and prosperity. We are absloutely right to ask ourselves this question but let me say that America is not like France or UK or any other nation in the world. America is totally different from them for one reason ; America likes to change…there are new ideas every day and therefore each and every generation is different in some aspects.

I’ve already given you an example for the social segregation that they had 60 years ago, in the days of Martin .L. King, Jr. And Elizabeth Eckford and now they have Barack Obama as their president. I hope you understand what I am trying to convey to you.

In Europe, they don’t do much work to adopt new ideologies even if she (Europe) was /is the cradle of human rights and freedom of speech. There will never be a coloured person as president for a European country at least in the short term.

I agree with you on that I am dreaming when it comes to durable development in our country. You are right to argue that it will never come true to have that sort of development without having a socially-developped society that respects and protects human dignity…a society that chooses its leaders for their good programs and qualifications and not for they are cousins or members of this clan or that one.
Anyway, it is a good dream you know. I am glad because we can dream at least !

#13 L'utilisateur est hors-ligne   thorgal Icône

• Membre Avancé
  • PipPip
Groupe :
Membres
Inscrit :
07-mai 08

Posté 26 décembre 2010 - 08:36

Salut king,
As tu dèjà fait un tour dans le camp américain à Djibouti ?
As tu discuté (dans ce camp) avec les soldats, pour leur demander ce qu'ils pensent de Djibouti?
Demande leur une carte américaine de la ville de Djibouti....et regarde bien le découpage des quartiers ...
Avec les zones "aprouved" et "forbiden" ainsi que les quartiers "terrorist".
Si tu penses qu'il suffit d'avoir un président de couleur pour tout changer de l'opinion américaine sur l'Afrique...
Ils ont toujours en mémoire les événements d'octobre 93 en Somalie, et pour eux, même à Djibouti ils sont sur leurs gardes.
"Le boeuf est lent..
Mais la terre est patiente"

#14 L'utilisateur est hors-ligne   labo22 Icône

• Membre Avancé
  • PipPip
Groupe :
Membres
Inscrit :
21-décembre 09

Posté 26 décembre 2010 - 11:00

Mr. King (1)
I think its obvious what US military is here for, in other words the US themselves spells out their mission thanks to WikiLeaks, at least we agree on that. It’s also nothing to do with war-on-terror; on contrary the US is here to terrorize the innocent people with false pretext. The US is known to use the readily available regional dictators like Piggy, as well as countless clandestine war contractors known as warlords.
We can only debate the following immediate concern of the Djiboutian people:
1-Where the land lease money goes including the unfeathered access of the airport and seaports.
2-How the outsourcing contracts are normally awarded, usually the Djiboutian is the 3rd or 4th hand recipient.
3-The ever shrinking Djiboutian employees in the Camp Lemonier while the US Camp Lemonier itself is steadily growing.
4- How the US legal immunity from the local justice works? There are a lot of people who like to sue the US military.
Just to begin with please pick one point at the time so we debate an orderly fashion
For the common good our people

labo222@googlemail.com

#15 L'utilisateur est hors-ligne   labo22 Icône

• Membre Avancé
  • PipPip
Groupe :
Membres
Inscrit :
21-décembre 09

Posté 26 décembre 2010 - 11:00

Mr. King (1)

I think its obvious what US military is here for, in other words the US themselves spell-out their mission thanks to WikiLeaks, at least we agree on that. It’s also nothing to do with war-on-terror; on contrary the US is here to terrorize the innocent people with false pretext. The US is known to use the readily available regional dictators like Piggy, as well as countless clandestine war contractors known as warlords.

We can only debate the following immediate concern of the Djiboutian people:

1-Where the land lease money goes including the unfeathered access of
the airport and seaports.
2-How the outsourcing contracts are normally awarded, usually the Djiboutian is the 3rd or 4th hand
recipient.
3-The ever shrinking Djiboutian employees in the Camp Lemonier white the US Camp Lemonier itself is
steadily growing.
4-How the US legal immunity from the local justice works? There are a lot of people who like to sue
the US military.

Just to begin with please pick one point at the time so we debate an orderly fashion
For the common good of our people

Ce message a été modifié par labo22 - 26 décembre 2010 - 11:13 .

labo222@googlemail.com

Partager ce sujet :

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Dernière »