#1 L'utilisateur est hors-ligne   Fluid Icône

• Membre Avancé
  • PipPip
Groupe :
Membres
Inscrit :
03-mai 08

Posté 12 avril 2010 - 12:14

This is a question that burdens me since I've seen this article.

Yemeni child bride, 13, dies of sex injuries

There is and was cases of young brides in arranged marriage in our country. Some others were for unknown reasons. God only knows what happen and not for me to judge.

However, I still find wrong for a parent to give away a young child especially under the mature age to be given as a bride no matter what is your financial status. It is also upsetting that some of them will give out a very young girl to a man that is way old to be her father or grandfather.

As mothers, futur mothers, Fathers and futur fathers. Should we set a minimum age on marriage?

YES ... I know that some may have their reasons and could be legit. But come one ... it doesn't mean she is puber and should have sex and babies NOW!
"Remember others in their quests to fulfill their own ambitions" Mona Minkara
"Until the power of love can overcome the love of power the world will not know peace" Unknown From a washroom wall lol
"Leaders must invoke an alchemy of great vision.” Henry Kissinger
"Be careful, Anais, abnormal pleasures kill the taste for normal ones." Eduardo
"From a sensitive woman's heart springs the hapiness of mankind." Khalil Gibran
"Tout est stereospecifique dans la vie." Dr Mezl
"Somebody is gonna get a hurt real bad." Russel Peters

#2 L'utilisateur est hors-ligne   Zieg Heil Icône

• Membre
  • Pip
Groupe :
Membres
Inscrit :
06-septembre 09

Posté 12 avril 2010 - 08:09

Voir le messageFluid, le 12 avril 2010 - 12:14 , dit :

This is a question that burdens me since I've seen this article.

Yemeni child bride, 13, dies of sex injuries

There is and was cases of young brides in arranged marriage in our country. Some others were for unknown reasons. God only knows what happen and not for me to judge.

However, I still find wrong for a parent to give away a young child especially under the mature age to be given as a bride no matter what is your financial status. It is also upsetting that some of them will give out a very young girl to a man that is way old to be her father or grandfather.

As mothers, futur mothers, Fathers and futur fathers. Should we set a minimum age on marriage?

YES ... I know that some may have their reasons and could be legit. But come one ... it doesn't mean she is puber and should have sex and babies NOW!

As a future father, I would have never accepted an under 18-year-old girl as a bride, nor would I have asked for!
The reason is clear: How could I enjoy having "sex", intending to breed, with someone who doesn't share it with me at all? Time is wasted and tide is turned against me if I do!
Moreover, it's as if I am rapping her since she feels a certain amount of pain, and that may damage her organs. In this case, though I wanted to breed, I will give way round to the opposite! She and I will never have children!
The main cause for this to happen in some corners of this globe is that those who are giving out young girls as well as those accepting them are both illiterate!
Remember, education plays an important role in the social welfare and families well-being!

MX
[i][b]"If the freedom is short of weapons, we must compensate with willpower." A.H

"I have more respect for the man who lets me know where he stands, even if he is wrong, than the one who comes like an angel while he is nothing but a devil..." MX

"On ne peut pas dévorer le diable sans en avoir avalé les cornes..." J.Staline[/b][/i]

#3 L'utilisateur est hors-ligne   libiewise Icône

• Membre
  • Pip
Groupe :
Membres
Inscrit :
27-novembre 04

Posté 12 avril 2010 - 08:53

I totally agree with you Fluid, we should have age LIMIT on marriage, we dont need many more reasons...

That child in Yemen is enough for the world and for some country to change their culture

thank god we dont have this kind of bullshit in djibouti.....

That young girl at age of 10 had to pay 200 euro to get divorce to men or her husband in yemen Crazy but true.....

Love Liban
[size="3"][font="Arial Black"]Dreaming permits each and every one of us to be quietly and safely insane every night of our lives.[/font][/size]

#4 L'utilisateur est hors-ligne   Fluid Icône

• Membre Avancé
  • PipPip
Groupe :
Membres
Inscrit :
03-mai 08

Posté 12 avril 2010 - 09:49

Libiewise .... Do not fall under the pretense that this issue doesn't exist at home.

There was cases where some girls that didn't make the "Entree 6eme" Exam were forced in arranged marriage but it was a rare case.

I agree with Z.H because most of the occasion were from the parents that doesn't aknowledge the impact of their decision unto to children. Which is sad.

As a futur mother, I would not give away my kids before they reach a certain level of maturity after 18 yrs. It's ridiculous lookin at the rate of divorce as well.

However, I hope that the officials to setup a law on age limit on marriage. In Yemen or other areas, this will not happen in centuries or maybe not at all.
"Until the power of love can overcome the love of power the world will not know peace" Unknown From a washroom wall lol

#5 L'utilisateur est hors-ligne   king(1) Icône

• Membre Avancé
  • PipPip
Groupe :
Membres
Inscrit :
10-août 03
Interests:
Reading.

Posté 14 avril 2010 - 10:59

13 years old girl is really a child. Only a sick person could agree on forcing her to get married at this age. I mean it is the social mentality in some communities that tend to believe a girl is created for sex and giving birth to children. As long as she is a sex tool that serves to be the pleasure of men…she is able to have sexual incourse because this is her job, her mission in life.

Most of those who do this, belong to communities in which there has been no human development; there is no good education.
In Djibouti, most of women do not know family planning (having a period of at least 2 or 3 years between a child and the next one in birth) and this is a big problem.
Better future for our kids.

#6 L'utilisateur est hors-ligne   le-patrouilleur Icône

• Membre Avancé
  • PipPip
Groupe :
Membres
Inscrit :
04-septembre 04

Posté 20 avril 2010 - 07:21

I would say is not about the age but the different between the age of the couple, as we all know back home and in some of the undeveloped countries some men like to have a much much younger bride. In this case if this 13 year old fall in love with 13 years old boy I don't see where is the problem? Zieg Heil said that he wouldn't ask or accept a girl less than 18 years for marriage, but what he forgot to said is how old would he have to be?
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it.

#7 L'utilisateur est hors-ligne   Fluid Icône

• Membre Avancé
  • PipPip
Groupe :
Membres
Inscrit :
03-mai 08

Posté 20 avril 2010 - 08:14

I'm not against couples getting married young since they are not my kin nor my children. There is a limit because a 13 yrs to another 13 yr old. Come on! They are still babies! To the point it won't be a joke when we end up saying: Babies having babies!

Even though I wouldn't let my children settle at a young age for personal reasons .... Trust me, at 18 yr old, you are still learning who you are and still making mistakes to better yourself. Some 18 yrs have no idea what is called responsibility and some are struggling to keep their family together. Which makes us different.

However, these parents that gave the daughter away to a man that could be her grandfather is no better than the idiot that is taking their daughter.

#8 L'utilisateur est hors-ligne   le-patrouilleur Icône

• Membre Avancé
  • PipPip
Groupe :
Membres
Inscrit :
04-septembre 04

Posté 20 avril 2010 - 09:40

Voir le messageFluid, le 20 April 2010 - 06:14 PM, dit :

I'm not against couples getting married young since they are not my kin nor my children. There is a limit because a 13 yrs to another 13 yr old. Come on! They are still babies! To the point it won't be a joke when we end up saying: Babies having babies!

Even though I wouldn't let my children settle at a young age for personal reasons .... Trust me, at 18 yr old, you are still learning who you are and still making mistakes to better yourself. Some 18 yrs have no idea what is called responsibility and some are struggling to keep their family together. Which makes us different.

However, these parents that gave the daughter away to a man that could be her grandfather is no better than the idiot that is taking their daughter.

they don't have to be married at 13 they could make a pact to save themselves for one another, what I found even disgusting is that a young girl would sacrifices herself, her prime, her life, her stamina to a old man who can even perform. The age of a couple should not exceed 5 year maximum doesn't matter which way. A young girl with no education, no purpose, nothing to look forward in her life so it only natural they think about getting married that is only thing they can do.
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it.

Partager ce sujet :

Page 1 sur 1