Groupe :
Membres
Inscrit :
21-janvier 06

Posté 21 décembre 2006 - 07:48

Hi all,

Here is the latest news 'bout solar cells:

http://www.eetimes.c...cleID=196701388

Ce message a été modifié par Black-Mamba - 21 décembre 2006 - 07:52 .

1- If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?

2- People who think they know everything are particularly entertaining to those of us who really do.

#2 L'utilisateur est hors-ligne   Walane Icône

• Membre
  • Pip
Groupe :
Membres
Inscrit :
11-mai 03

Posté 22 décembre 2006 - 01:59

A good friend of mine has 2X1 PV panel fitted on his roof (his house in Senegal). Apparently they've been running it for the 4th year now. It cost them 2000 EUROS to get it fitted by a senagalese company. The house is a 5 bedrooms villa. That price tag includes 10 years warranty.. Not bad hey
Disclaimer:
The message on this post reflects solely the opinions of the author who accept no responsibilities for any physical, emotional, moral, material or pyscholigical damage.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
God grant me the courage to change the things that I can control, the serenity to accept the things that I cannot control, and the wisdom to know the difference.

#3 L'utilisateur est hors-ligne   Black-Mamba Icône

• Membre Avancé
  • PipPip
Groupe :
Membres
Inscrit :
21-janvier 06

Posté 22 décembre 2006 - 07:15

Not bad at all !

2- People who think they know everything are particularly entertaining to those of us who really do.

#4 L'utilisateur est hors-ligne   danbi Icône

• Membre
  • Pip
Groupe :
Membres
Inscrit :
09-juillet 05

Posté 22 décembre 2006 - 10:46

Voir le messageBlack-Mamba, le Friday 22 December 2006, 16:15, dit :

Not bad at all !

THAT IS VERY CHEAP AND GO 4 THE INVIRONNEMENT.WHEN WILL IOG WILL LET THE DJIB PPL TO DO AS THE SENEGALESE?CAUSE WE KNOW ENERGY IS EXPENSIVE IN DJIBOUTI.DAAAAAAAMN
waa madeys adunyadu dadkuna wey matalayaan=le monde est 1 theatre où l' Homme est acteur.

#5 L'utilisateur est hors-ligne   Walane Icône

• Membre
  • Pip
Groupe :
Membres
Inscrit :
11-mai 03

Posté 22 décembre 2006 - 10:58

U R entitled to dream bruv
Disclaimer:
The message on this post reflects solely the opinions of the author who accept no responsibilities for any physical, emotional, moral, material or pyscholigical damage.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
God grant me the courage to change the things that I can control, the serenity to accept the things that I cannot control, and the wisdom to know the difference.

#6 L'utilisateur est hors-ligne   idro Icône

• Membre
  • Pip
Groupe :
Membres
Inscrit :
09-juillet 03

Posté 23 décembre 2006 - 12:33

No it's not very cheap but very expensive. If you want to produces your electricity entirely by photovoltaic way, you have to invest probably between 2 and 3 millions FD. That's account for a intalled power of 3 KW (say 20 pannels of 150 W each+converter+ accessories ). But with the elevated price of edd kwh you can expect a pay back time of 10 years or perhaps less than ten years). So it can finally be interesting if the edd kwh price stay so high more long. Photovolatic is more interesting generally for remote sites than cities. But with the kind of djibouti it can be competitive with traditional electricity production methods (like fuel fired central in edd ). So the only question is : have you 3 millions FD to invest?

ps : i don't know the engineering cost.

#7 L'utilisateur est hors-ligne   Black-Mamba Icône

• Membre Avancé
  • PipPip
Groupe :
Membres
Inscrit :
21-janvier 06

Posté 23 décembre 2006 - 08:14

Hi Idro,

I don't really know if the prices in djib are sky high but, what I know is the technology is geating cheaper and cheaper again with more campanies in the business and the productions done in South-East Asia. I would like to know 'bout the " legislation " in Djibouti if any ? Can I install PV panels on my house? And if I produce more energy than I really need can I sell it to the EDD?

Thanks.

#8 L'utilisateur est hors-ligne   idro Icône

• Membre
  • Pip
Groupe :
Membres
Inscrit :
09-juillet 03

Posté 23 décembre 2006 - 11:36

Hi Black Mamba,
yes prices are really high in djibouti. The kwh price of edd is 41 FD ie 0.205 euros (if you account a change rate of 1 euro for 200 FD). At the same time the kwh price of EDF in France (for example) is 0.05 euros so price in djibouti is 4 times more than in france. .....
About legislation i have no information.

Voir le messageBlack-Mamba, le Saturday 23 December 2006, 17:14, dit :

Hi Idro,

I don't really know if the prices in djib are sky high but, what I know is the technology is geating cheaper and cheaper again with more campanies in the business and the productions done in South-East Asia. I would like to know 'bout the " legislation " in Djibouti if any ? Can I install PV panels on my house? And if I produce more energy than I really need can I sell it to the EDD?

Thanks.

#9 L'utilisateur est hors-ligne   Walane Icône

• Membre
  • Pip
Groupe :
Membres
Inscrit :
11-mai 03

Posté 05 janvier 2007 - 02:19

Voir le messageidro, le Saturday 23 December 2006, 11:33, dit :

No it's not very cheap but very expensive. If you want to produces your electricity entirely by photovoltaic way, you have to invest probably between 2 and 3 millions FD. That's account for a intalled power of 3 KW (say 20 pannels of 150 W each+converter+ accessories ). But with the elevated price of edd kwh you can expect a pay back time of 10 years or perhaps less than ten years). So it can finally be interesting if the edd kwh price stay so high more long. Photovolatic is more interesting generally for remote sites than cities. But with the kind of djibouti it can be competitive with traditional electricity production methods (like fuel fired central in edd ). So the only question is : have you 3 millions FD to invest?

ps : i don't know the engineering cost.

Idro, it is not that expensive bruv... u work for the EDD?, sound like PR compaign to me. Actually there is ONE (as a monopole tradition in DJ) solar contractor in DJ for the "remote site" (more like where the EDD is not making money any way) installation. Legislation is against solar powered electricity in the city (i have just found out). WHY? I let you guess.
Disclaimer:

Partager ce sujet :

Page 1 sur 1